- This event has passed.
Nik Darlington – My 100km English Wine Week challenge!
Monday, June 22 @ 8:00 am - Sunday, June 28 @ 5:00 pm
I’m attempting to run 100km during English Wine Week between vineyards on the North and South Downs.
The goal is to raise awareness of the country’s wine lands, much of which are hidden from view but are there to be explored if you know where to look – and so encouraging the public to get outside walking, running, cycling among vineyards and visiting producers.
At the same time raising money for the Drinks Trust.
I have created a JustGiving page here:
And this is my intended schedule:
- Monday 22/6 – Test Valley – 22.8km around Black Chalk, Nyetimber, Danebury and Leckford
- Tuesday 23/6 – North Downs – 22.4km around Greyfriars, Chilworth Manor and Pewsey Vale
- Wednesday 24/6 – Itchen Valley – 8km along Itchen Valley around Raimes vineyards
- Thursday 25/6 – Lod Valley – 21km around Nyetimber, Upperton, Roebuck and Blackdown Ridge in West Sussex
- Friday 26/6 – Denbies – 9km ish around Denbies vineyards
- Sunday 28/6 – Wey Valley – 17km loop starting and ending at Jenkyn Place