English and Welsh Wine Week is organised by WineGB and presents an ideal opportunity for members to promote English and Welsh wines directly to new customers. Over the Week, vineyards and outlets across the country highlight their wines, including offering opportunities to taste, visit the vineyards themselves and get to know English and Welsh wines better!
Vineyards play a key role in the continued success of this campaign, with Wine Week providing an opportunity to heighten the presence of English wine in an ever-crowded marketplace and a chance to promote not only our industry but other businesses that support us.
- Promotes interest in our wines and vineyards
- Involves vineyards in playing a key role in the campaign
- Provides opportunities to promote businesses which support our industry
- Increases sales
- Raises the profile of the industry and individual vineyards with local and national press
- Has been growing in scale every year
- Drives social media growth - 14m in 2018
- National media coverage in 2018 achieved a potential reach of 87m
“During English Wine Week our Bacchus was the best-selling wine on the wine list at Benedicts restaurant in Norwich, knocking Prosecco off the top spot!” (Hannah Witchell, Flint Vineyard, 2017)
"Well done to all the team on another successful year, it is a clear a lot of work goes in to the campaign" (Susie Goldsmith, Chapel Down)
“Gets better each year” (Joseph Pestell, Melbury Vale Vineyard, 2017)
We provide our participating members with a Marketing Toolkit including point-of-sale materials, downloadable logos, ideas for activities, listings on our events calendar and promotion of events via social media and to the press.