Go Global - Export your wines to the world!
English and Welsh wines have an enviable and growing reputation for quality, and demand from outside the UK is strong and growing, particularly in some markets. Expand your reach and go global with your wines! To help you we've put together the information, guides and links on these pages. Work on developing the content of these pages is continuing and more information will be added shortly.
A Guide to Exporting
Step by Step
Overview of areas to cover
- Research the best markets for your product
- Which destination market(s) to start with
- Create an export plan, always think long term
- Protecting your intellectual property
- Do you need any finance support from your bank or UK Export Finance
- Ensure wine meets the requirements of your destination market
- Do you need an overseas partner
- How you will get paid
- How you will deliver your products
- Comply with labelling requirements and other legal requirements of your destination market
- Official assurance Certificate (if destination country requires it)
- Obtain EORI number if required https://www.gov.uk/guidance/get-a-uk-eori-number-to-trade-within-the-eu
- What documents to send with your wine
- Insurance cover required for your destination market
- Link for more information and advice https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/selling-overseas-a-guide-for-beginners/selling-overseas-a-guide-for-beginners
For further information on WineGB website read the followingsections:
- Each individual Country Guide
- What to Consider (below)
- Forms, Templates and Other Information
Forms, Templates & Other Information
Incoterms are a set of rules which define the responsibilities of sellers and buyers for the delivery of goods under sales contracts. They are published by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and are widely used in commercial transactions.
Registers & Lists
Useful phone numbers, links for exporting and a Linguists database
Forms & Templates
Our website and its contents are for general information purposes only. It is not intended to be a source of legal advice and must not be relied upon as such. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information or materials published on this website. The commentaries reflects the views and opinions of their individual authors and not of WineGB as a whole.