There is a range of grants available suitable for wine production enterprises and Paul Moss is providing an advice and bid writing service to WineGB members. If you would like to discuss the suitability of a scheme for your project an initial short consultation with Paul is free of charge. If you decide to use Paul to support your business application, then the bid writing service is available on a no-win no-fee basis at 20% of the total grant received. Please note, consultants fees tend not to be allowed to be included in a bid, so you would need the finance available to pay the 20% fee upon approval of the grant offer.
This information has been supplied by Paul Moss:
The last few years have witnessed many changes in the UK funding and business support landscape, with the replacement of Regional Development Agencies with Local Enterprise Partnerships and the creation of the Regional Growth Fund. Whilst the current funding arena is certainly a challenging one for businesses, there will always be opportunities for projects which are looking to grow and expand through the creation of new jobs, diversification and export.
I am a business support professional with experience of accessing and securing funding to enable businesses to grow and expand. The majority of my career to date has been spent in the business support and access to finance arena working on a wide range of Government and European Union funding programmes. During my career, I have worked in a Regional Development Agency as well as a Not for Profit trade association and more recently a local university. As such, I have gained a broad and varied skills set which enables me to fully understand the needs of business and identify the funding solutions they require to grow and expand.
I also have a thorough understand of and practical knowledge of the funding arena, having both been responsible for managing a grant fund whilst at the RDA as well as assisting businesses to access and secure funds. This means that I am well placed to understand the funding arena from the needs of the funding decision maker as well as the businesses applying for the funds.
The following provides a flavour of my skills and experience:
- Experience of securing European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) and UK Government funding.
- Contract management – Managed a regional venture capital fund that invested in start-up and early stage businesses.
- Provided innovation advice, support and account management to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) seeking to grow their business and develop new technologies.
- Diagnosed the innovation needs of businesses and brokered them to specialist support providers or programmes.
- Delivered a European Union funded innovation grant scheme and managed individual SME applications.
- Built and fostered close relationships with Local Enterprise Partnerships, Universities, and Government agencies such as Innovate UK and UK Trade & Investment.
In the meantime, I have provided a selection of funders and intermediaries, both generic and more sector specific who currently offer a range of business support advice and funding solutions:
DEFRA funding – countryside stewardship
Paul Moss can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org