English Wine Week 2020: Saturday 23 May - Sunday 31 May
Celebrating English wines with your customers!
English Wine Week is the ideal opportunity to promote your English wines directly to new customers. Over the Week, vineyards and outlets across the country highlight English wines, including offering an opportunity to taste, visit the vineyards themselves and get to know English wines better!
- There has never been a better time to be involved in English Wine Week and make it a profitable part of your promotional activities
- Vineyards play a key role in the continued success of this campaign. With English Wine Week providing an opportunity to heighten the presence of English wine in an ever-crowded marketplace and a chance to promote not only our industry but other businesses that support us
- Any activity doesn’t need to be costly – it just takes a little lateral thinking and a bit of organisation to come up with something that will attract new and existing customers and forge closer links with both the trade and customers. Whilst also attracting some excellent publicity.
- Whether engaging with the wine buying public direct, or working with the growing number of outlets that stock English wine, there are a variety of activities or events you could take part in. From hosting an event at your vineyard, linking with existing trade customers to encourage them to organise activities or offer multiple online promotions.
- The more vineyards that take part – the greater the collective impact it will create. It will help your sales, boost your marketing efforts and has the potential to raise your profile through local, regional and even national press.
- Hundreds of vineyards are already participating, we hope you will too, and enjoy the positive impact it can have. Last year was our best yet, with a record breaking 472 participants, with your help we are sure to exceed this target for 2018!
Don’t just take our word for it, here is a collection of testimonials from our previous vineyard participants.
“During English Wine Week our Bacchus was the best-selling wine on the wine list at Benedicts restaurant in Norwich, knocking Prosecco off the top spot!” (Hannah Witchell, Flint Vineyard, 2017)
"Due to staff shortage we only ran two open days, but each day brought in a 100 people. This was rather impressive, as we try really hard to provide a personal relationship. Very pleased. Really gave our season a boost." (Sian Liwicki, Bothy Vineyard, 2017)
“Large volume of people. Ran out of parking spots. Almost ran out of wine!” (Joyce Boulos-Hanna, New Lodge Vineyard, 2016)
"Well done to all the team on another successful year, it is a clear a lot of work goes in to the campaign." (Susie Goldsmith, Chapel Down, 2017)
“Gets better each year. Hopefully, we can run a bigger event next year and build up our contacts with local and Bournemouth hotels to get more of them to take part.” (Joseph Pestell, Melbury Vale Vineyard, 2017)
If you need of more inspiration as to how you can get the most out of the week, please download the list of suggestions in our new Marketing Toolkit, or contact us directly to discuss possible opportunities on 01858 467792
How we can help support your activities…
- Inspiring English Wine Week Point-Of-Sale materials (Free for WineGB members)
- Provide a marketing toolkit that includes; brand guidelines, logos, email banners, templates to create, print and personalise your own materials, & social media guidelines
- List all activities and links on the events calendar & also write up some of the events in the news section of the website or a mention in our English Wine Week related blog posts
- Promote your events to our extensive social media network (Twitter, Facebook & Instagram)
- Promote your events to trade and consumer press (local & national)
- Facilitate links with new and existing suppliers
- Offer support and advice on how to get the most out of English Wine Week
It's never too early to start preparing for English Wine Week, and to help you get started, we've created our Marketing Toolkit. It's full of great ideas and tips on how to start planning and promoting your English Wine Week activities.
Last year our social media activity around English Wine Week grew exponentially (14m compared to 3.1m in 2017)
Join the 14.4k followers on our social media network and spread the word - please post pictures of your preparations, finished displays and events as they happen to create more "share-worthy" moments and momentum for #EnglishWineWeek!
Make sure to include: