English Wine Week 2020: Saturday 20 -Sunday 28 June
Revised dates due to COVID-19
English Wine Week has been rescheduled to 20th to 28th June this year.
Following recent Government advice that hospitality and related outlets will not be opening until early July, this will be much more of a digital campaign. We are however reviewing any updated measures concerning the reopening of vineyards to visitors (with approved guidelines) as well changes to retail outlets.
Recent weeks have shown the efficiency, ingenuity and versatility of events and activities moving online and we are asking you to take part in this Week to celebrate our summer, our wonderful wines and that they are still readily-available to buy!
Our aim is for English Wine Week to help provide an opportunity to help you sell wine, and to inspire more people to get to know our home-grown wines better and help them buy from you and local vineyards.
After all …
… June really does mark ‘the start of summer’ with Summer Solstice on 21 June and Midsummer Day on 24 June
… Flowering is likely to have started in our vineyards, the advent of our fruit growing and prospects of the summer ahead
… Restrictions are easing … we have the rest of the summer to start to get out and about again and enjoy this wonderful time of the year.
So – what will happen?
Here is a chance to link vineyards, retail outlets and influencers across the country to celebrate and promote English wines, offer an opportunity to purchase and deliver wines from all over England to wine lovers’ doors … PLUS
- A chance to connect with your suppliers, and vineyards to highlight these wonderful wines
- An opportunity to support local British businesses
- You could benefit from increased publicity around the industry
Any activity doesn’t need to be costly – it just takes a little lateral thinking to come up with ideas to attract your customers.
The more outlets and vineyards that take part – the greater the collective impact it will create.
It will help your sales, boost your marketing efforts and has the potential to raise your profile through local, regional and even national press
If you need of more inspiration as to how you can get the most out of the week, we've prepared a full toolkit which includes an activities booklet packed with suggestions as well as a range of digital assets to download, or contact us directly to discuss possible opportunities. Better still, please let us know what you are planning by completing an events form or promotion form using the buttons below.
How we can help support your activities…
- DOWNLOADABLE DIGITAL ASSETS to use to promote your activities, such as the logo and social media/email/website banners
- ACTIVITIES BOOKLET with plenty of ideas on how to get the most out of English Wine Week
- SOCIAL MEDIA campaign to promote all activities taking place
- PR to national media
- EVENTS CALENDAR where we will list all activities (don’t forget to tell us!)
- PROMOTIONS page listing all special offers on wine sales
- NEWS ITEMS/BLOG POSTS to support some of the fantastic activities taking place
For more information please contact us
Last year our social media activity around English Wine Week grew to a reach of some 14m
We’ve been increasing our online presence on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook over the last months and we are planning a great campaign for English Wine Week and want to share all the great activity that will be taking place