Join in our weekly English and Welsh Wine 'Socials'
#EnglishWineNight and #WelshWineNight
7pm every Friday
24April - 5 June
On 10 April, Black Chalk winemaker, Jacob Leadley, led the nation to join in the biggest collective online wine tasting of English and Welsh wines in #theBIGenglishwinegoodfriday.
We want to continue this Social English and Welsh wine Happy Hour and invite you to take part on each or any of the next Fridays. We’ll be sharing videos, photos and comments and offering a competition to win a case of wine (6 bottles), and of course looking forward to chatting with you online!
Each Wine Friday we will highlight one of our wine regions. This will include inviting a representative producer from the region (generally the regional chairman) to choose the winning photo posted on social media and share a video to introduce the region. Look out for our pages introducing each region ahead of their evening.
You can find out more about where to find English and Welsh wine from our SHOP LOCAL listings of vineyards and retailers offering online sales.
This Friday (5 June) - #EnglishWineNight Thames & Chilterns
|01/05/20||Wessex: Dorset, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Wiltshire|
|08/05/20||Midlands and North: Cheshire, Derbyshire, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northants, Nottinghamshire, Rutland, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Yorkshire, Scotland|
|15/05/20||South East:Kent, Sussex, Surrey, London South|
|22/05/20||East Anglia: Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, London North & East|
|29/05/20||Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Somerset, Worcestershire|
|05/06/20||Thames & Chilterns: Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, London West|
Look out for our posts and join in!
TUNE IN AND TAKE PART!
- At 7pm each Friday log on to Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, follow the activity by using the hashtag #EnglishWineNight (on Friday 24 April use #WelshWineNight)
- Take any photos to share your enjoyment of English or Welsh wines
- Feel free to post and share photos
- You can also ask questions or start a conversation with other live followers. Team WineGB will be online throughout the hour to respond, along with winemakers who will be online
- Open and enjoy some English or Welsh wine! Search for a local vineyard or retailer – many are listed on our SHOP LOCAL listings page that highlights where you can order wines online that can be delivered to your door
- Remember to tag all posts with hashtag #EnglishWinenight or #WelshWineNight plus @WineGB (Instagram/Facebook), @Wine_GB (Twitter). We’ll be reposting any posts we are tagged in
- Competition: a winning photo shared on Instagram will be selected to win a case of 6 wines!
- You will be able to view all the videos via our YouTube channel