The Results are announced!
2021 saw a record number of entries and first-time entrants from all over England and Wales, with 24 new producers entering for the first time. The results illustrate the ever-growing quality, innovation and new talent in the industry and reinforces some of the best-known winemakers in the ‘Hall of Fame’ of GB wines.
133 sparkling and 176 still wines were entered. Of the total medals awarded, 126 (46%) went to sparkling and 149 (54%) to still.
Thank you to all who entered – it has been our best competition ever, by the record entries, wide range of wins and the enthusiastic comments from the judges.
Congratulations from Susie Barrie MW
See also the note of congratulations from Oz Clarke below.
If you are a winner …
Social media posts have been designed for each of the winning wines – bottle shots accompanied by their medal wins. These are arranged in alphabetical order and can be accessed here
All Gold medal winners will be sent a summary tasting note which they can use for marketing purposes, together with accompanying digital assets for the medal(s) you have won.
We have supplies of medal and trophy stickers to purchase for your winning wines. You can order and pay for them by completing the form here
Please would you kindly check that your wine(s) is/are listed correctly with the right wording. The wording here will be used for the Awards certificates. If you spot any changes that need to be made please would you contact Belinda by 30 June with the corrections.
If you did not succeed in getting a medal …
Belinda Mercer will be in touch – an important part of this competition is to share with you some constructive notes written to provide advice and reasons why your wine(s) were not selected this time.
We have prepared a short film all about the Awards
Thank you to Dionysus Films for producing a great record of the judging.
We’d like to take the opportunity to extend a thanks to all those that have enabled us to stage these awards:
- Our main sponsors Rankin Bros & Sons and Waitrose & Partners
- Ashling Park for generously hosting the four days of the judging
- Our fantastic judges, and in particular Susie Barrie MW and Oz Clarke OBE our fantastic co-Chairs
- Our Trophy Sponsors for supporting each of the trophies
- Joana Albogas who runs all our social media for providing great coverage over the week of Judging, and will be continuing to promote the Awards today and across the next few weeks – keep following our social channels and #WineGB Awards
- Richard Waller for ensuring that all the listings and pages on the WineGB website work
- Tom Gold for the excellent photographs – some examples are on the gallery on the website
- Paul Olding, Dionysus Films
And importantly, Competition Manager Belinda Mercer who has worked tirelessly and continues to do so, to make this such an excellent and smoothly run Awards.