Entries are now Open!
Enter the WineGB Awards and receive recognition as one of the top producers of English and Welsh wines.
2022 Key Dates
|11 April||Competition Opens|
|13 May||Last date of entry|
|20 May||Wines entered to arrive at Sensible Wine Services (details in Terms of Entry)|
|13 - 16 June||Judging days|
|24 June||Medals announced (during English Wine Week)|
|15 July||Wine Awards Celebration, top trophies announced|
Changes for 2022
- Our judging panel will consist of nine amazing judges, chaired by Susie Barrie MW and Oz Clarke OBE
- The judging will take place outside London; our location this year will be Exton Park Vineyard in Hampshire
"We’re thrilled to be hosting the WineGB Awards 2022 for the first time here at Exton Park. It will be a particular pleasure to welcome the highly regarded WineGB judges into our new events space at Exton Hall."
Kit Ellen, Managing Director
Exton Park Vineyard
Key benefits of entering
- Gain recognition for your award winning wines
- An extensive social media campaign (which saw 60% more activity on our social channels in 2021) to run across the whole
- Expert judging panel chaired by Susie Barrie MW and Oz Clarke OBE, and includes sommeliers, retailers, trade buyers and wine writers
- A range of top trophies awarded, including the ultimate WineGB award ‘Supreme Champion’
- Professionally produced bottle shots of all medal-winning wines for winners to use for your own marketing
- Tasting notes for gold medal winning wines
- Feedback note for those unsuccessful with a medal
- Marketing collateral for winners, including the opportunity to purchase, trophy, gold, silver and bronze bottle stickers
- Greater exposure to regional successes, highlighting the top winner for each region with the award of a Riedel decanter
- Inclusion of medal winning wines in our online WineGB Trade Catalogue and results pages (which combined for the 2021 results had over 11,000 views)
- Digital assets including email signature, social media and website banners for trophy winners
- WineGB Awards winners list becomes a go-to reference for anyone looking for inspiration and ideas, including media and trade
- Promotion of trophy winners at the WineGB Trade Tasting on a free pour table. All medals listed in the trade tasting booklet will be marked as medals
- Top still, Top Sparkling, Winery of the Year and Supreme Champion to be announced at the WineGB Awards Celebration Event on Friday 15 July 2022
- Benchmark your wines against your peers
- Marketing opportunities all year round for award winning wines. In 2021 award winning wines were showcased at a sommelier tasting organised by WineGB, plus shared with wine writers both here and overseas. This year award winning wines will be showcased at the WineGB One Day Wine School on 18 July, aimed at sommeliers, trade buyers and wine writers.
Entries are now closed
Cost per entry
Cost per entry: £95 plus VAT
Cost per entry - vineyards with 2 hectares and less: £73 plus VAT
The WineGB Awards is only open to WineGB members.
If you have any questions or for further information, please email Belinda Mercer, Competition Manager.